A great first impression on social media is a great impression in real-life too. This is why you should highly consider having a well-written bio in your online profile. Aside from your main photos (profile and cover photos), it is one of the first things that a new visitor would glance over on your account.
What is social media bio?
A social media bio is a small space underneath your username. This feature allows users to share short details about themselves.
Why is a Great Social Media Bio Important?
- Internet users have a short attention span. Bios are the best way to attract them.
- You will get followers that aligned with your brand/niche.
- A well-written bio makes your social media presence stronger.
- You can get featured on blogs (there are a lot of blog posts on social media bios)
How to make a great social media bio?
Here are some tips you could use when it comes to creating your own bio.
Consider the limit of your bio
Different social media sites have different character limits for their bio. Use the characters wisely.
Describe Yourself with Proper Keywording
Put something that you want people to know about you. Put out your career(s), your interests or anything relevant about you.
With that in mind, the best approach to this is to tell them what you do. Don’t put in vague descriptions or tags on your bio.
Show off Achievements
There’s nothing wrong with showing off your successes, especially with career-related achievements. Posting them on your social bio will get you more future clients.
Share contact information
If you’re an influencer with a steady stream of followers, never forget to post your contact details. Companies will most likely check you out for brand deals. For easier business deals and for a much formal conversation, put your email on the bio.
Spice it up with humor
Your social media bio doesn’t have to be serious all the time. Even if you’re putting up a professional profile, there’s nothing wrong with infusing a bit of humor on your bio. You can try to put your quirky traits at the end or put your favorite funny one-liner.
You can make your social media bio fun with these examples. Use them well and expect a few chuckles from your visitors.
Link your website or other online profiles
With trending social media apps, you’re usually given a spot to link up your other sites. Don’t waste this space as you can put up your blogs or other social accounts.
Express your Personality
The tone of your bio is also something you should consider. If you have a professional business profile, making it too casual can be odd to colleagues. With this, make sure to find the right balance of fun and formality. You can also put out your favorite expression on your bio.
Fun Social Media Bio Examples
If you’re still stuck with what to put on your bio, we got you covered. Here are some bio examples that you can all use on your EyesUP profile.
Funny Bio Examples:
- Just another paper-cut survivor.
- Hard work never killed anyone, but why take the chance?
- Inserts pretentious crap about myself here.
- “Be strong,” I whispered to my wifi signal.
- I’m here to avoid friends on Facebook.
- I can’t remember who I stole my bio from or why.
- Stay strong, the weekend is coming.
- You know what I like about people? Their dogs.
- Always give 100% — unless you’re donating blood.
- The future is shaped by your dreams, so stop wasting time and go to sleep!
- I followed my heart, it led me to the fridge.
- Never forget, the world is yours. Terms and conditions may apply.
- Whenever I have a problem, I sing. Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.
- I’m just having an allergic reaction to the universe.
- There. I joined (Social media app here). Happy now?
Motivational Bio Examples:
- Everyday is a second chance.
- We are born to be real, not perfect.
- Always aiming to be a rainbow at the end of a thunderstorm.
- Passion changes everything.
- As long as there’s life, there’s hope.
- Time is the single most important resource that we have. Every single minute we lose is never coming back.
- Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- Fortune sides with him who dares.
- The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.
- Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
Intriguing and Thought Provoking Bios
- Do something to take your mind off thinking about what might never happen.
- The temptation of this age is to look good without being good.
- We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- It doesn’t matter if this is a dream or not. Survival depends on what you do, not what you think.
- What greater might do we possess as human beings than our capacity to question and to learn?
- Even the finest sword plunged into salt water will eventually rust.
- Let your action manifest your thought, your belief, and your passion.
- Consciousness is only possible through change; change is only possible through movement.
- Your mind can be either your prison or your palace. What you make it is yours to decide.
- You can neither remember nor forget what you do not understand.
- Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.
EyesUP launches Bio Feature
Now that you know how to create a great social media bio, you can try to use these tips and make your own at EyesUP.
With EyesUP’s latest update, you can now customize your profile more. The Bio feature allows you to have a short description of yourself. You can also add up to 6 profile photos.
Have a strong social media presence now with EyesUP. Happy socializing!