These Days, social media has become marketing tool for small budding business, some known indie film studios like TBA Studios and A24 has been dependent on utilizing social media publicity for live streaming Q&As, promotional photos, for the marketing of ‘The Witch’, A24 went great lengths on utilizing viral marketing from creating fake tinder accounts for characters to creating a mock site for ‘Satanic Revolution’ after the release of the first trailer that built anticipation and audience viewership.
Back in 2015, the release of Heneral Luna, the film struggled with box office sales on its first week that resulted to a series of pull out from major cinemas left and right that resulted from 101 cinemas to 40 and after a series of word of mouth on social media, and the latter utilize these posts and they prompted to interact more with their followers that garnered a sizeable amount of fanbase.
From 40 cinemas, the following third week earned 70 cinemas, that is two-thirds of the original cinema slots, and TBA didn’t stop from their: they became active on facebook on twitter, by posting trivia ok Luna and Philippine history, they created memes that caught the attention of neitizens and got multiple shares and fanarts from the fanbase they promoted them, the two sparked the hype, and also it helped that the studio constantly post updated list of cinemas that encourage audiences to see the film.
The success of Luna and The Witch show how much the internet and social media can become a powerful tool, and in Philippine context, going out from Batasan-San Mateo to Ortigas area can last for two hours, 10 years ago, that’s already considered an ideal travel time from Metro Manila to Sta Rosa, Laguna.
Most Filipinos are on social media for the fact that travelling has become a hassle, a lot of people are reluctant to go an extra mile to see a movie, go to an event or buy something, that’s where social media comes from. Here’s 5 quick tips how you can have a successful social media run:
- Interact with people – it helps one is punctual with users who are following your page and in this way, it helps create that relationship and on winning over one person would encourage him/her to spread the word that result to more followers
- Post photos – Putting up photos and video materials on product, service because it gives the idea, visually what kind of stuff are you promoting.
- Research your material –It helps a lot with googling your facts, it helps you understand the material you’re selling and the projected audience you have in mind
- Tailor your platform – What kind of material are you posting? You need to have a certain voice of your page, color palette of photos and graphics you’re posting that stand out that are likelier to generate in algorithms.
- Schedule your post – Know when your users are active or using social media at a specific time, it helps garner your followers’ attention, it gives you an idea when is the best time to post something that reaches to your followers.