INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect the following information below to implement and improve our Service.
- Your first and last name, username, password, and mobile number when you register for an EyesUP account. EyesUP requires a unique mobile number per user, which will serve as the main medium of communication for primary verification purposes.
- When you provide us your mobile number upon registration, you agree to receive SMS from EyesUP about our Service. We may use your mobile number to prevent spam, fraud, or abuse, and to help your friends find your account, including through third-party services and client applications.
- If you forget your password, we will ask you to provide your email address where we will send the Password Reset Email.
- You can use your contact information, such as your email address or mobile number, to customize your account or enable certain features.
- Your name, username, and profile page are listed publicly, unless you choose otherwise.
- You can change your settings to control mobile and email notifications. You can also unsubscribe from a notification by following the instructions within the undesired notification.
- You can opt out from the continuous collection of your data by deactivating your account.
- Following the deactivation or termination of your User account, EyesUP may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- We may receive information about your location. You may choose to publish your location on your profile manually.
- We may also determine your location by using other data from your device such as your GPS. You can revoke this permission anytime by going to your mobile settings.
- We may also determine your location through collecting information about wireless networks, cell towers near your device, or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide and improve features of our Services.
- EyesUP will always ask for your permission whenever it suggests or needs access to a specific function of your mobile device.
- EyesUP may ask for your permission to access your camera and mic when you use the video call feature for the first time. The permissions that you provide are remembered and you can always revoke these permission by going to mobile settings.
- We do not keep a record of any footage or any part of your conversations.
- You may choose to provide us with additional information to help improve and personalize your experience across our Service. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address, and contact information to respond to your requests.
MODIFYING YOUR COLLECTED INFORMATION
- If you are a registered User of our Service, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided us and associated with your account.
- Keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile information and public messages or posts, even after you have deleted the information from the Service.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember your account details so you will not have to re-enter it whenever you re-open the app
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technical problems
- Automatically update the EyesUP application on your device
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please edit your profile settings. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others and is searchable by other Users.
- When you use our private messaging feature to communicate with other Users, EyesUP stores and processes your communications and information related to them. Please remember that your messages’ recipients have the right to copy, store, and/or re-share the contents of your communications.
- The data that we collect when you use our private messaging feature include the text, media attachments, and the users involved in the messaging cycle. These information are transported by an SSL encrypted connection and are stored and processed in our securely encrypted database.
FINDING YOUR FRIENDS
- You can find and/or invite your friends from the contact list on your mobile phone or by searching their names on EyesUP.
- If you invite someone to use our Service by selecting directly from the contact list on your device, a text or email will be sent to the invited person from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device.
- As the invitation will come directly from your mobile, EyesUP does not have access to or control this communication
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and combine this analytics information with other Users’ so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual User.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer or mobile device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Service, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our Service, and to customize and improve our Service for a better User experience.
Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, some browsers’ settings can be modified to decline cookies or alert you when a website is attempting to place a cookie on your computer. Please note that some Service features may not function properly if you disable cookies.
LOG FILE INFORMATION
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the web page or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of our Service.
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by EyesUP.
A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
THIRD-PARTIES AND AFFILIATES
We may receive information about you from third parties, such as other EyesUP Users, partners, or our corporate affiliates. For example, other users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you, share a photo of you, or tag you in a post. Note that you can control who can tag you in a post.
Our ad partners and affiliates may share information with us such as a browser cookie ID, mobile device ID, or cryptographic hash of an email address, as well as demographic or interest data and content viewed or actions taken on a website or app. Our ad partners, particularly our advertisers, may enable us to collect similar information directly from their website or app by integrating our advertising technology.
STORAGE AND PROCESSING
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed where EyesUP, its affiliates, or service providers maintain facilities.
We store User data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes that they serve.
EyesUP, its affiliates, or service providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world subject to the existing laws and rules and regulations of such country.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. Although EyesUP is committed to the highest level of User information security, we cannot ensure the utmost security of any information you transmit to the app or guarantee that the information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Please be responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and controlling access to emails between you and EyesUP at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
EyesUP does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our website, are subject to that third-party's own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you access. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your contents, please do so at your own risk.
RESPONDING TO REQUESTS
We may access, preserve, and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
We may also access, preserve, and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
The information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.